Student Leadership Development Workshop
1, 2, 3, TY, 5, 6, LCA
Leadership in Learning
Being Creative, Communicating, Managing Information & Thinking, Managing Myself, Staying Well, Working With Others
leadership, prefects, student council, workshop, committee, goal setting, service project
Help your students to understand their role as student leaders, unlock their own potential and take ownership of their own projects. Ideally suited to student councils, prefects, green school committees and other student leader groups in your school.
This student leadership development workshop is designed to be delivered in a single 2 hour workshop, with a short break in the middle. If you prefer, or organisational constraints insist, working in a series of shorter sessions can be just as effective but will need additional warm up or icebreaker activities.
- Exploring leadership and identifying leaders in our community
- Investigating our favourite leaders
- Understanding the needs of our school community
- Selecting and setting SMART goals
- Action planning a shared goal
- Powerpoint with notes on timing, group setup and discussion points
- Blank outline of a person
- SMART goals activity sheet
- SMART goals information leaftet